How to Backup a WordPress Website:
First of all you need to know the structure of a WordPress website. A WordPress website consists of a number of website files and databases related to the website processing. So you need to backup both the database files and website files. For that see the following steps,
Backup MySQL Database of WordPress website:
For taking the backup of a WordPress database you can use phpmyadmin,
- Log into your control panel.
- Go to MySQL Database.
- Select the database you want to backup.
- Click Access phpMyAdmin
- Click on the database name in the left panel
- Click on the Export tab.
- Click Select All to choose all of your database tables.
- Check Save as File.
- (Optional) Choose a Compression Type (None, Zipped, Gzipped).
- Click Go.
Note: If your database is larger than 10MB, you may want to download separate groups of database tables instead of everything all at once. We recommend this because the maximum file size you can upload when restoring your database is 10MB (10,240KB)
Now the database with all the contents is backup-ed.
Backup website files of WordPress website:
- Log in to your control panel.
- Go to Site Backups and Restore.
- Use the drop-down to select an existing backup.
- Click Select to view the selected backup.
- Check the box for each item you want to archive.
- Note: Selecting a directory does not automatically select all of its contents. You will need to click on the directory first to show its contents then click on the contents individually.
- Click Download in Zip Archive. This may take some time to initiate the download after clicking this button.
Now back up of all the files that you have selected will be downloaded to your local system as Zip archive.
If you need our help to fix any issues on your server. Please feel free to contact us, simply email to [email protected]